- Online gambling blog
- Best Practices for Online Casino Email Marketing 2021
Best Practices for Online Casino Email Marketing 2021
Online casinos use various marketing strategies for user acquisition and retention. One of the most popular and effective techniques is email campaigns. Slotegrator has prepared a list of the best tips for how to create a successful email campaign for your gambling platform.
1. Build a Solid Email List
The first step in email marketing for a gambling platform is building an email list. This can be done by using high-converting email pop-up forms, inline forms, and landing pages.
It is important to create a personalized call-to-action for different pages. Pop-up ads are also a good way to build an email list. However, they should not bother website visitors too much. It is better to introduce them to visitors that have already spent some time on the website, and then adjust them according to users’ behavior on the page.
Re-Examining the VIP Program Model
Player retention is a make-or-break challenge for online casinos. Operators, developers, and affiliates all focus on developing different methods of retaining players. Player retention strategies are esp...Learn more
2. Send Quality Emails
While sending emails, online casino marketers can use some tips for better results:
- Give it a catchy opening. Using a friendly personal greeting and addressing players by name is important. It’s better to be straightforward and provide the relevant information as soon as possible, instead of leaving it till the end, to avoid losing the reader’s attention.
- Use clear identification. Identify yourself so that players will recognize your brand when they receive an email.
- Hook readers with a good subject line. A good subject line is essential - its role is to make players open the email. It should tell readers what the message is about, but avoid revealing too much. While writing a subject line, it is essential to choose your words carefully so that no spam filters will be triggered. Experienced email marketers also suggest using no more than 50 characters.
- Consider the audience. The emails should be targeted carefully. You should analyze which information to send to players who have joined your platform recently, and which emails are better for players that have been with you for a long time. Also, it is important to write targeted messages for users you want to come back, like high rollers, VIP players, slots lovers, roulette enthusiasts, etc.
- Define the purpose. You should clearly know what you want to achieve with your emails and create a CTA according to your purpose. For example, if you are promoting some bonuses, your CTA can be “Get the bonus!” so that players will know exactly what is waiting for them if they click on the button.
3. Contact Players Regularly
It is good to keep players updated on the latest news, bonuses, games, etc. Create a schedule for sending emails, but try not to overdo it, because you don't want your letters to become annoying. It’s also important to choose the appropriate time for sending emails, keeping in mind that players usually visit gambling platforms in the evening and on the weekends.
Real-Time Marketing: How Can It Help to Engage Online Casino Players?
One crucial element of an online casino’s success is effective promotion. There are numerous marketing strategies that can be used to advertise a gambling platform - operators can employ affiliate ...Learn more
4. Avoid Spam
You definitely don’t want your emails to be considered spam, so it is essential to learn how to avoid giving this impression. Here’s some of the most basic advice:
- don’t use words that trigger spam filters in a text and subject line;
- don’t capitalize every letter;
- avoid using brightly-colored fonts;
- keep unsubscribe links visible;
- don’t overuse exclamation marks.
5. Analyze Your Effectiveness and Improve
Analyzing your email marketing campaign is another important step to success. Pay attention to which subject lines result in higher open rates, decide which times and days of the week are better for sending emails, consider unsubscribe rates, and analyze other metrics.
It will significantly help you to improve. For example, once you know the results of your campaign, you can try resending emails to non-openers with a changed subject line.
Email marketing is an effective tool used by online gambling platforms. With well-thought-out email campaigns, online casinos can retain their users, interest new ones, and inspire former players to visit the platform again.
Slotegrator offers everything gambling operators need to launch and expand online casino and sportsbook projects. The company offers a wide range of products, including White Label online casino and sportsbook platform development, game content, betting data feeds and payment systems integration. Slotegrator also provides legal consultancy and administrative assistance for gambling license acquisition and regulatory compliance.
Leave a comment
Online Casino Wager Bonuses As a Tool For Customer Retention in 2021
Severe competition on the online gambling market forces its participants and online casino owners to use various tools aimed at customer r...
Progressive jackpot slots in online casinos 2021
Online casino jackpots have recently become a pretty common strategy used by online casino operators in order to attract and retain custom...
Slot Machine Volatility With Examples 2021
In gambling, there is such a thing as volatility. Volatility is often confused with other gambling terms, for instance, with variance. Let...