- Online gambling blog
- How to Get a Gaming License - Antigua and Barbuda
How to Get a Gaming License - Antigua and Barbuda 2021
The islands of Antigua and Barbuda belong to the group of Lesser Antilles and are considered to be the first locations officially facilitating gambling processes, as long as they offer offshore regulation of the gambling business.
The main gambling regulator of the country is the Gambling Department of Antigua and Barbuda, while the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRC) is entitled to issue licenses to gambling operators.
The regulating bodies of Antigua and Barbuda focus on the security of their online resources, as well as on concealing their gaming content from the underage users.
Online gaming licenses: why, where, and how to get them in 2021
Getting an online gaming license is an essential step in starting an online casino or sportsbook business. Some operators may find the application process daunting, but in the long run it’s well wo...Learn more
Types of licenses in Antigua and Barbuda
The jurisdiction offers several types of licenses legalizing gambling activities:
- license for online casinos;
- license for betting providers, betting operators and betting terminals;
- license legalizing the rest of businesses in the offshore zone.
Requirements to get a gambling license in Antigua and Barbuda
In order to start a gambling company on these islands, entrepreneurs have to:
- have an offshore company formed;
- provide detailed Information about the company, the directors, officers and shareholders with over 5% of the shares of the company;
- submit certified copies of their passport, passport size photographs and reference letters;
- have all software certified;
- have the main server based solely in Antigua and Barbuda.
While approving the application, the Commission mainly pays attention at:
- the applicant’s honesty and integrity;
- good business reputation and financial background;
- satisfactory corporate structure;
- technical ability to operate;
- no involvement in illegal activities.
Do not miss: Gambling License in the Isle of Man
Costs of licenses in Antigua and Barbuda
|Online casino license||
|Betting platform license||
|Online casino license renewal||
|Betting platform license renewal||
Corporation tax of domestic companies is levied at a rate of 35%, but there is no tax for international business companies. Licenses are issued for one year.
Advantages of Antigua and Barbuda gaming license
Getting a licence in Antigua and Barbuda is beneficial:
- no taxation;
- the gambling house can be located in any other place;
- the islands have international offshore partners ready for collaboration;
- the possibility to attract the British audiences.
Getting through all steps to obtain a license may be complicated. Operators who want to make the process faster and easier can do it with Slotegrator. The company provides help in preparing all documents, registering a casino and dealing with legal issues to get a reliable and official gaming license.
Slotegrator offers everything gambling operators need to launch and expand online casino and sportsbook projects. The company offers a wide range of products, including White Label online casino and sportsbook platform development, game content, betting data feeds and payment systems integration. Slotegrator also provides legal consultancy and administrative assistance for gambling license acquisition and regulatory compliance.
Leave a comment
Online Casino Wager Bonuses As a Tool For Customer Retention in 2021
Severe competition on the online gambling market forces its participants and online casino owners to use various tools aimed at customer r...
Progressive jackpot slots in online casinos 2021
Online casino jackpots have recently become a pretty common strategy used by online casino operators in order to attract and retain custom...
Slot Machine Volatility With Examples 2021
In gambling, there is such a thing as volatility. Volatility is often confused with other gambling terms, for instance, with variance. Let...