- Online gambling blog
- How to Get a Gaming License in Panama
How to Get a Gaming License in Panama 2021
The history of licensing jurisdiction of the Republic of Panama goes back to 1947 when gambling control authority was established. Almost all gambling houses and casinos are located in resort towns and are the main entertainment for both local public and tourists.
In 2002 Gambling Control Board of the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Panama issued Resolution № 65 regulating online gambling operations from Panama.
Requirements to get Panama gambling license
To get a license, operators should provide the following documents:
- information specifying operators’ and employees’ commercial activities;
- information on financial condition;
- a criminal record;
- a business plan;
- documentation demonstrating software compliance and games certification.
The other requirements are:
- an online establishment must be run by a specially designated executive with high professional qualification;
- a company should be created in Panama or registered as a foreign corporation;
- operators should prove the experience and knowledge necessary for the online casino operation.
After the application is submitted, the authority has 1-2 months to make a decision.
Do not miss: Gambling License in Kahnawake
Costs and taxation of gambling license in Panama
License annual fee
The companies are fully exempt from tax if bets are accepted only from citizens of other countries.
There are certain gaming activities which are prohibited, so wagers cannot be placed on:
- amateur sporting events in the Republic of Panama;
- events outside of Panama with Panama’s institutions participation;
- elections for a public office;
- events involving professional teams headquartered in Panama.
Online gaming licenses: why, where, and how to get them in 2021
Getting an online gaming license is an essential step in starting an online casino or sportsbook business. Some operators may find the application process daunting, but in the long run it’s well wo...Learn more
Advantages of getting a gambling license from Panama
Getting a license in Panama has a number of advantages:
- Panama is the largest offshore and banking jurisdiction in the world;
- no taxes;
- the stable economic and political situation, low crime rate;
- safe legal environment;
- possibility to keep corporate documentation in any language.
If operators need to get a gaming license easier and faster, Slotegrator has a solution. The company helps to gather all necessary documents, register an online platform and deal with legal issues to obtain a prestigious gaming license.
Slotegrator offers everything gambling operators need to launch and expand online casino and sportsbook projects. The company offers a wide range of products, including White Label online casino and sportsbook platform development, game content, betting data feeds and payment systems integration. Slotegrator also provides legal consultancy and administrative assistance for gambling license acquisition and regulatory compliance.
Leave a comment
Online Casino Wager Bonuses As a Tool For Customer Retention in 2021
Severe competition on the online gambling market forces its participants and online casino owners to use various tools aimed at customer r...
Progressive jackpot slots in online casinos 2021
Online casino jackpots have recently become a pretty common strategy used by online casino operators in order to attract and retain custom...
Slot Machine Volatility With Examples 2021
In gambling, there is such a thing as volatility. Volatility is often confused with other gambling terms, for instance, with variance. Let...