User retention is essential for an online gambling platform’s success. Tournaments and bonuses are effective tools for keeping existing players interested, but one of the most powerful instruments is the use of loyalty programs. We suggest analyzing this user retention mechanism in more detail.
What are online casino loyalty programs?
Gambling platforms’ loyalty programs are reward systems offered to players who visit the casino regularly. Their aim is to motivate users to stay on the platform. If players keep making deposits, they receive points.
The more points a player has, the higher his level gets. There are two ways leveling up encourages players to stay on the platform. First, users enjoy how higher levels provide better bonuses than those that are available at the lower levels. Second, there is a psychological factor, as players with a higher statuses feel more important.
How do players get points?
Different loyalty programs have various systems for accumulating points. In some online casinos, players get points for each dollar/euro deposited, while on other platforms, points are awarded for higher deposits, regular visits, amount of time spent in the casino, etc.
Do not miss: VIP Programs for Online Casinos
What benefits do loyalty programs have?
Usually, loyalty programs have from 3 to 6 levels, which can include bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, and elite/VIP.
In some casinos, the first level is awarded automatically after the first deposit, while in others, players have to spend some time playing on the platform or send an invitation request. The basic levels usually provide players with daily free spins and regular casino promotions.
Reaching the higher levels opens access to more profitable promotions, status upgrades, unique offers, and customized rewards. The highest elite or VIP levels offer weekly bonus spins, exclusive bonuses, invitations to VIP events, faster withdrawals, and the assistance of an individual account manager.
How do you make your casino loyalty program attractive?
Players enjoy participating in loyalty programs, but they must be exciting and appealing to users in order to capture their attention and motivate them to reach the highest level. There are several aspects to keep in mind when creating a loyalty program:
- make sure you provide bonuses and rewards that are interesting to players and appealing to the target market of operation;
- continually upgrade your program and introduce new rewards;
- make sure players do not have to wait for a long time between bonuses;
- make terms and conditions easy to find and understand;
- offer some outstanding and unique rewards and bonuses that will make your platform different;
- do not make higher levels too hard to reach;
- make sure you target the right audience and not only focus on players who are already loyal to the platform;
- promote your loyalty program, so players will know about all the benefits waiting for them on higher levels.
Loyalty programs play a crucial role in online casino success and revenues, as they effectively help to retain existing players. More than that, if a loyalty program offers unique benefits, it may not only keep players interested but will also attract new users to the platform.