Electronic payment system Skrill was founded in London on June 18, 2001, and was known as Moneybookers till 2011. Currently, the company has offices in Europe and the USA and is considered to be one of the leading payment systems in online casinos, betting and poker rooms, as well as other gambling services.
Skrill is used by more than 36 million people and covers around 200 countries. Skrill has a multilingual interface and can operate with 40 currencies.
Specific features of the payment system
The usability, reliability, low transaction costs, and legal work with CIS and Europe make Skrill one of the most popular payment systems across the globe.
- Security. The first thing that establishes credibility to the Skrill system among millions of users is security. This system ensures that all deposit and transaction information will be non-public. To register, open an account and conduct money transactions in Skril, only email address and password are needed.
- Convenience. The second Skrill feature that makes it one of the best payment systems is convenience as all financial operations are completed immediately. The registration procedure is also very simple and doesn’t require numerous steps.
- Profitability. The Skrill system offers users various VIP features, which provide a range of privileges, such as an unlimited amount of accounts and transfers. Using the special VIP program, clients can get a 1.5% bonus from their online casino deposits.
Do not miss: Taxation Policies and Online Casinos
Skrill payment system low costs
- Account opening: free.
- Account refilling: SWIFT, Visa, MasterCard – 1%.
- Withdrawal: €5.5.
- Money transfer: 1.5% - 5% from the amount;
- Currency conversion: 3.99% depending on the currency rate.
There is no fee for using the Skrill payment system if the user enters the system at least once a year and conducts an operation. Otherwise, the fee is €1 every month.
Skrill payment system major advantages
In conclusion, key Skrill advantages can be summarized:
- reliability and high level of security;
- quick system operation;
- usability as authorization requires only email and password;
- possibility to get Skrill’s prepaid MasterCard;
- various ways of money transfer.
Skrill online payment system is used by many gambling platforms, as paying by Skrill in casinos is popular among players. Skrill, as well as other payment methods, can be integrated into gambling platforms with the Moneygrator solution.